Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Welcome to The Thirtylescent Reader

I am a teen fiction enthusiast. A bona fide fanatic, zealot, and devotee. Would it be going too far to call myself a groupie? But before I started this blog, I so rarely wrote about the stories that I inhaled. And what sort of self-respecting book groupie doesn’t write about the books at which she throws herself in irrepressible lust?



While I love and enjoy at least one thing about nearly every teen fiction book that I read, there are some that leave me wanting less. And then there are the ones that make me want to go door-to-door, sharing the good book with those who are lost and in need of something that will make their lives complete. But since I’d rather leave the door-to-door proselytizing to those guys on bikes, I’m going to start sharing those books right here on this space. And not just the door-to-door good books, but ALL of the books. After all, just because a book about vampires doesn’t change my life, it certainly doesn’t mean it won’t change the lives of millions of people and a handful of Hollywood producers.

So if you are open to a life filled with meaning, then you can read this blog. And if you’re just too good for teenage angst and self-discovery, then you can slam your browser window shut and I’ll never even know.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA love the last paragraph!

    Excited about your new blog!

    ReplyDelete